Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C how can I make an L shaped C&C cage?

anards1970

Cavy Slave
Hello, I have a 27"x71" C&C cage, we had 2 piggies, both female and turned out one was pregnant, on Feb 1st we got 3 new additinos to our cavy family (all girls). We love them and want to keep them so I'm looking to expand their cage into an L shape but don't know how the coroplast will bend into that position. I saw a beautiful cage with yellow coroplast on-line but there was not enough detail to see how the corners were bent into shape. i currently use kiln dried pine and carefresh bedding on the bottom of the cage and then cover all that with nice fleece to whisk away their urine. They love it, they pop and jump and run around the cage, but they do need more space. Any advice would be welcomed. thank you!
Oh, our piggies names: Cotton and Candy, Oreo and Cookie and Cinnamon, I'll post pics soon!lol

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
The easiest thing to do will be to use two pieces of coroplast, overlap them, and tape them together with packing tape. I would draw it out on paper first and make a little paper model cut out to scale and taped together so you know how it will come together before you cut the coroplast.

Have you considered using fleece for bedding? Kiln dried pine and carefresh are certainly good bedding, but fleece is generally an easier option in a large cage. If you need more information, check out the sticky called the Fleece Project in the bedding section.

anards1970

Cavy Slave
thank you for the input, I did draw it out on paper first and then tried it with other materials, i think I've got it now, but thank you! I do use fleece, I put the kiln pine and carefresh down first, then i top it with fleece, so the fleece is soft and squishy and the kiln dried pine and carefresh absorb the urine, it is quite a bit of work, but so worth it...they really love it.

anards1970

Cavy Slave
thank you for the thread to making an L-shaped cage, so helpful, it looks amazing! I found a Sign-A-Rama that sells coroplast and I got my grids and connectors today, so I'm excited to begin the process of giving my piggies a bigger space. Thanks again!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.