Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Other C&C for other pets?

B

Bloodless 05201

hello there! ^^ i recently found your site, and honestly wish i'd found it around 7 years ago when i got my first guinea pig. i'm beating myself up thinking the poor girl, and her baby, were stuck in too-tiny homes all their lives. a 10g aquarium, two clear sterlite containers connected with tubes, and a 50g aquarium.

well, now i have a ferret and might be getting a hedgehog. so, two questions: can a C&C cage work for a hedgie and can a C&C cage work for a ferret? my ferret is in a Freddy2 cage, and i think it's much too small. unfortunately he doesn't get half the run time he should, and in a small cage it makes matters worse. i'd like to build him a monster C&C ferret PALACE, just so he's happy. and, since i might be adopting a hedgehog, i'd like to build him a nice big hedgie pen!

any ideas or suggestions? i live in a rinky-dink town in ontario, and i'm not sure if i can get my hands on coroplast or cubes, but i hope i can. is there anything i can substitute for coroplast?

Attachments

167_0992.jpg 167_0980.jpg 167_1058.jpg 167_1064.jpg 167_1068.jpg 167_1091.jpg 167_1109.jpg Picture0540.jpg 167_1332.jpg Photo11021802_4.jpg 167_1302.jpg
R

runredrabbit

should.

it should work, seeing as the recomended cage for ferret is wire. The hedgehod should be a deffinate yes. My only worry is a ferret's curiosity may kick in with the floor.. which means you would need to make the "tray" below the floor wire, but that would take manuvering to keep it safely elevated off the floor.

Otherwise, I'd say go for it. Worse comes to worse you could always rub the flooring down with a slice of lemon and then a slice of jalapeno pepper and let it dry. It won't irritate the skin [in any area], but make sure to have water nearby!

N

nezziboo

Re: should.

It depends wether they climb or not. If i put my hamster in a CC cages hell climb right out of it! LOL

KidsGrrrrl

Cavy Slave
Cavy Cages for Ferrets

I saw the post and I jsut need to drop a little note here.... Wire floors are BAD, I am going to build a cavy cage..or something resembling one for my ferret, and its VERY important that all areas where wire is exposed for them to walk on is COVERED, it can damage their feet and cause MAJOR problems, I can't stress enough please don't let your ferret walk on wire floors. A large pan, even the corplast would work wonderfully as a lower floor, with just one modification. Instead of the coroplast being inside the grids, fix it so that the coroplast is OUTSIDE the grids, so that the grids are actually sitting inside your corplast box. That way the cage itself can be lifted off easily for cleaning. I realize that ferrets are most often sold in or with wire cages with all wire floors, but it's better for them to have a solid floor to walk on it may make things just a bit more difficult where cleaning is involved because you'd have to lift the cage out and set it aside, but it's much better than ending up in the vets office, or worse, a ferret with infected cuts on it's feet from wire floors.

Attachments

DSC00099.jpg

jrosler04

Cavy Slave
I don't think c&c's would work for a ferret...wouldn't they be able to escape easily through the grids!?! If the grids are small enough, I am sure work...but if they can get thier heads through, they are going to get out!!

Shorty

Cavy Slave
jrosler04 said:
I don't think c&c's would work for a ferret...wouldn't they be able to escape easily through the grids!?! If the grids are small enough, I am sure work...but if they can get thier heads through, they are going to get out!!
Umm..actually they could. https://www.guineapigcages.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=512&password=&sort=1&cat=532&page=1v go there. And since ferrets like multi-levels go to: https://www.guineapigcages.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=507&password= also.

But make sure to put the cubes on the inside. So therefore you would have to expand the coroplast size a little bit. Look around, I'm sure you'll find lots of good ideas. https://www.guineapigcages.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=523&password= this is a good ramp idea.

Hope I helped.

Molly

cavylover
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
cavylover
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.