Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello

Katrinah

Cavy Slave
Hi! A friend of mine told me about this site and I really wish I had known about it before buying my piggies about a month ago! I have learned so much over the past week or so and I want to say thank you to everyone.

A little about me, I am 41, married and have 2 boys 11 and 14. We have always had pets from fish to dogs to hamsters. After about 5-6 years of hamsters with their escaping, small tubes to clean, and them only living for about 2 years my youngest lost another hamster. He had been after me for a while wanting guinea pigs. So we decided we would get one. Well, after looking at a guinea pig book and talking to a few people we found out we needed to get two. So we found two cute lil critters (added pics to my album on here) both females. We made the mistake of buying a store bought cage not knowing better. That is when one of my online friends told me about this site and what a god send. We are now in the process of making space and will have a 2x4 C&C cage up by this weekend for them. We have made sure that every day they get about 2-3 hours of floor time to play and romp around. Popcorn (the white female) is the more dominant one, she was the first to eat from our hands through the cage and she is the most vocal come feeding time. But she is also very head strong and squirelly when it comes to trying to pet her. Shadow is smaller and is more timid, she tends to run for her hide out more but is getting better. She is however easier to pet. We are still working on the holding issue with them but getting there, hopefully they will become more comfortable with it soon since their nails look like they could use some attention soon.

We are enjoying them greatly and look forward to the fun with them. I cannot wait to get them in the new cage. They have brought me some great fun and laughs since we got them!

chrisandpiggers

Cavy Slave
Hiya Katrinah and welcome!
I'm happy to hear that you found your way over here :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.