Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Feet I Survived the First Nail Clipping!

scarlett

Cavy Slave
Well, I did it folks! I successfully trimmed the nails of my boys last night. It was a tag team operation actually, with my 11 yr old son holding a carrot for each piggie when it was their turn. I did the clipping with a small pair of nail clippers. I just clipped a tiny tip off each toe where the nail was sharp and pointy. Willow and Rowan are still quite young so this was their first time too. Willow was first (as usual) and came through just fine. His nails are all white and easy to see the quick. Rowan, our feisty guy, was second. His nails are both white and black which made it a bit harder. He gave a little yelp when I did the first nail which freaked me out thinking I hit the quick. I did not though, as there was no blood. I think it was just the unusual, foreign experience he protested to. He let me finish while gobbling the pro-offered carrot.

Let's hope all future clippings go as well.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.