Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Name snacks that guinea pigs eat.

• Thread starter Sweet Cupcake 01
  • Start date
S

Sweet Cupcake 01

Name snacks that guinea pigs eat.

I will start It off.
1.carrots

Attachments

g 386.jpg
L

lchap87

Re: Name snacks that guinea pigs eat.

2. lettuce
3. parsley
4. kale
5. toast
6. carrot tops

I

ILoveMyPigs

Ooo

Cool, I didn't know pigs could eat toast. I geuss you learn something new everyday:) After all, that IS what thee forums are for!

S

Sweet Cupcake 01

lchap87
Are you sure that guinea pigs can eat toast?

Attachments

Bella (1).jpg Bella (4).jpg Bella (6).jpg Mya (2).jpg
S

Sweet Cupcake 01

i love pigs, learn how to spell. You should not be in anyway if you are only 11.

B

Babycosmos

corn

my pigs love corn... fresh corn that is! the husk, silk, kernels and all :) they also like plain air-popped popcorn too!

*plain popcorn as in no butter or salt added!

J

janiexo

what?

who cares how old anyone is, they could still be in here, don't be rude paige.

Attachments

IMG_5946.jpg

SuperCavyLover

Cavy Slave
Re: what?

janiexo,
I think Paige simply meant that a person 11 years old with the type of grammar and language cavydude and other posters similar to him use, need to find a forum more in their age group, because they talk in a different language(or so it seems). It's okay to be 11 years old and post here, but not when one uses profanity in every other post and misspells numerous words. I, myself, misspell words periodically, but not in EVERY post. Typos are mandatory but my gosh, not when words are misspelled throughout the whole post~!

Attachments

IMG_6478.jpg
N

Nibblet8

Snacks

I occassionally give my guys a handfull of cheerios and they love it! They also just love corn flakes. But like I said I only give it to them once in a while as I know it is an empty snack.

:) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :)

Attachments

IMG_6764.jpg

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
POSTERS

I will probably be turning on the requirement to register in order to post shortly. And unless some people refrain from personal attacks and insults, they WILL be banned.

ANY AGE group can post here.

You don't have to have perfect spelling to post here. For quite a few people, english is NOT their first language.

I would greatly appreciate it if people would not post <strong>with authority</strong> about things they have not researched and are basing on their own personal experience, which could be wrong. Popcorn and toast are NOT recommended for guinea pigs.

S

Sweet Cupcake 01

Re: POSTERS

I was about to say the same thing Teresa. Toast is not allow for pigs to eat. That is a no no. But lets get back to the eating snacks game..ok everybody?
Paige;)

B

Briana D

paige and chris

Star gardener, i`m not 11.
And paige, you fill my fists with rage!
In the post about your mistreating of your pigs, you said something like "cavydude your grammer and grow up"
Well, let me reflect on that, i`m older then you and a lot more mature.
And, when we come to your second point, you are insulting my GRAMMAR*** which you yourself mispelled.

*Edited for personal attacks and insults*

SuperCavyLover

Cavy Slave
!!!!!!!!!cavydude!!!!!!!!!!!

Teresa, cavydude is insulting other posters and being rude AGAIN. He has read your post obviously because he responded to it about being a registered member. cavydude, please be nice.

Attachments

548538_4494648921653_546278259_n.jpg
S

Sweet Cupcake 01

Re: !!!!!!!!!cavydude!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you SuperCavyLover,
He has been rude to people, and thier post. Teresa, this needs to stop!

Attachments

2012-09-26_22-11-00_626.jpg 2012-09-26_22-38-40_243.jpg 2012-09-26_22-39-33_464.jpg 2012-09-26_22-39-41_25.jpg 2012-09-26_23-26-52_15.jpg 2012-09-27_07-54-28_136.jpg

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave

You now must register to post.

S

Sweet Cupcake 01

What are you talking about Teresa?

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave

You are already registered. Some posters are not. You may not post anymore without being registered. Any more transgressions on the posting policies, and I will ban members from posting.

L

lchap87

Toast

Yeh im sure they can eat toast. I read it in a book i bought at the pet store. Buster loves toast. HE eats it all up when i give him some.

Laura & Buster

B

Briana D

Re: Toast

lchap87 is right. Guinea pigs can eat toast, they can probably eat anything you put in front of their face. Just because the can eat it doesn't mean they should eat it. Push the toast a side and give them some fresh veggies! It's a lot more healthier for them and in my opinion a necessity.

Also lchap87 you might want to check the publication date on that book. A lot of books that are sold in pet stores and book stores are outdated and provide potentially harmful information. Guinea Lynx and the Cavy Spirit website are a couple of the best places to read up on information pertaining to guinea pigs.

SuperCavyLover

Cavy Slave
Re: Toast

I agree Briana. But unfortunately, I am guilty of once giving my cavies bread. It wasn't toast, just plain bread. Now they get fresh vegetables, pellets, tons and tons of timothy hay(sometimes alfalfa) each and everyday. They are very happy campers ;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.