Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia I found cubes in Perth!

PerthGirl

Cavy Slave
(I've started a new thread because the other WA one has timed out.)

Okay, so. What a marathon. After running around Cannington, I was unsuccessful at the pet supplies place on William Street, Sam's Warehouse, Red Dot. Didn't get to go to The Reject Shop.

Finally found cubes at Bunnings in Cannington, near the ironing board/clothes drier lines area. They were about $15 for four (i.e. one cube, sort of), which was expensive.

Note: Bunnings South Perth doesn't stock them, as far as I could see.

Could not find Coroflute so I just went to Spotlight, got plastic table covering stuff, and lined the bottom of the cage with that, using cable ties (also from Bunnings) to hold it in place. Bit of mucking around but it's done the trick and is waterproof. Had to line the bottom of the cage with cardboard first, then plastic on top, because the surface (i.e. 'floor') wasn't hard enough for the piggies.

Hope that helps some poor Perth person :eek:

I would love to know where to get cheap hay?

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
Grids are a nightmare to track down here in Perth. I got one packet from Bunnings and they were slightly less expensive then what you paid but still pricey. I ended up buying them off the internet.

Corflute -- there is a really good place out at Canningvale. I will find the name of it.

Hay I get from Oakford Stockfeeds. It is a drive but I can get a bale of meadow hay for $10.50. The quality of the hay sways a bit but you can generally get a pretty good bale.

The other place you can get hay from is City Farmers but they are a rip off. A bag of hay (which I think must have only 1 or 2 biscuits in it) was $7 last time I got one. So definitely much cheaper at Oakford but it is just a decent drive.

JessM

Cavy Slave
Bunnings in Midland stock both Grids and Cloroflute.

I think I paid around $4 per sheet of flute and $15 for 4 grids. Worked out quite pricey.

I may be needing to rehome my two guineas and my two rabbits soon so I may have a huge stack of grids I could sell for cheap.

If you're interested let me know.

Cheers,
jess

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.