PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used these for a kitchen area?

Histoire17
01-31-10, 01:20 am
Ware Nest-N-Nibble Edible Nest for Small Pets - Cage Accessories - Small Pet - PetSmart (http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3074862)

or

Oxbow Timothy Lounger - Cage Accessories - Small Pet - PetSmart (http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3598090)

I was thinking the second one would be good to hold hay and the first would be good for dishes. Yes? No?

lulubird6
02-09-10, 09:15 pm
I have the Timothy Oxbow lounger and it's just sitting under their cage right now, not getting used. I definitely would not use it for a kitchen because it's made out of hay and would be grody after they peed in it a few times. Then you'd have to chuck it and would be out the $13 or so you paid for it.

I made a box out of coroplast for Felix and for our new piggie Oscar who is, shall I say, big-boned, I purchased a ferret litter box and put Carefresh and hay in them.

Hope that helps!

Onetwo
02-09-10, 09:29 pm
It would totally be gross after a few days. When they have a kitchen area they do ALOT of their business in there. I dont even want to touch their litter boxes and those are plastic. I would DEFINATELY not use anything like that or wood. Go to your local walmart and buy a $2 cat box for each piggy. Put in carefresh, aspen, yesterdays news, or hard compressed wood pellets in the bottom. Top it with hay and clean it once a day or every other day. Works fantastic for me and cuts down on the poops and pee on the fleece a TON.

Jazlyn
02-09-10, 10:11 pm
I don't know about your piggies but mine do most of their business in the kitchen. It gets really gross. I'm sure that it would be all wet & soggy after a couple days.

DressCode
02-10-10, 11:16 am
I have a similar one, but its an open ended circle tube thing, great explanation I know. My piggie uses it as his hidie spot and its the only way I can pick him up too. I agree with the above, I would be more inclined to use something washable for a kitchen area.