Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Best way to keep hay off the ground?

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
I've tried several different ways to keep the hay off the ground of my 2x6 C&C cage, but for whatever reason the pigs still end up pulling it out, dumping it on the ground, and making a huge mess, which means a lot more work for me and a lot more cleaning. I use fleece bedding in the kitchen area and I'm wondering if this is a bad idea? The hay seems to stick to the fleece, which makes it super hard to clean.

What's the best, cleanest, most fun way to keep the hay off the ground of the C&C cage? I have tried a removable kitchen area with shavings and that worked alright, but the bedding and hay got trampled to the rest of the cage.

What should I do? :confused:

Lil Fella's Mom

Cavy Slave
I have a hay rack made out of a piece of cube. However, if your piggies like th pull it out and spread it, that might not work. I have seen people use a mini cube to stuff the hay in and set it on the ground. i believe they see them at Target. Those might be a good idea for you, since the piggies can't really pull it out but a few pieces at a time.

PiggiePaws

Cavy Slave
If you use a hay rack, you can put a boot tray under it (you can pretty much get them anywhere). That way all the hay will fall onto the boot tray and you can easily take it out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.