Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids Where to Find Small Grids

aquaturtle80

Cavy Slave
I have seen mini grids, for cd storage. I cannot find them anywhere.

I want to see if they are about 4 squares x 4 squares I want to use them for an outside ramp and though it would be easier to buy something like this rather than cut up all my big grids.

If anyone knows where I can find these, in store or online please let me know.

Thanks!

sstickly22

Cavy Slave
What a great idea, let me know if you find anything! That would be great for my cage ramp also.

leyley904
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
leyley904
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
If you are referring to the mini metal grids, I think they were discontinued. I've been searching for some of those for a long time but never found any.

Cogni

Cavy Slave
Yes, this is the type I am looking for, it looks like it uses the same connectors. I was hoping to have the grids in the middle, not sure how well that will hold up, but I guess for a ramp base it just might work. Thanks!!

I have one of these mesh grids. It's the only one I have and I am not sure where it came from. I use it for a flat loft platform; it's up on small pillars. I keep it well covered with fleece but I think I will tape all round the edges too. The problem is that this metal mesh seems very dangerous if they get a nail stuck in it when they are running or jumping, and if the fleece slips. The mesh is just big enough to trap a little piggie toenail and that seems like it could lead to a bad injury. The corners of these grids are also open with no mesh, and a piggie could get its leg caught in it. If you use one of these as a ramp, be SURE that none of the mesh is exposed.

aquaturtle80

Cavy Slave
Thanks Congi, I was going to use it as a floor and put a coroplast pan in for more support and easy cleaning. But I am afraid that the seams of this one would break over time, so I guess if I go with this one I would tape up the edges and seams.

2sCompany

Cavy Slave
Does anyone know where i can get the grids, with the tiny holes, for baby proofing my cage?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.