Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

My son in law is an idiot!!!

ppqppq

Cavy Slave
I just came home from 3 days at the hospital with my daughter. When I went downstairs to check on my gp s , my female was in the cage with one of my males. Needless to say, I freaked out, separated them , and came back upstairs to ask my son in law what happened. Apparently, Sassy was looking 'sad' through the cage bars at her friend Clarence, so he put them together 2 days ago so she wouldn't be lonely!!!!!!
I thought I had all the bases covered, the water bottles were assigned to one of my children, the prepackaged veggie feedings to another and the pellets to a third. All the adult had to do was double check that every thing was done, refill the hay bins and keep an eye on things. He thought he was being helpful. And,, to top it off, he tells me he knew they were friends because they have had play dates before.
So, now I get to cross my fingers and hope she is not pregnant. She is at least 2 years old and has never had a litter before. Thankfully , I have a friend who is a vet and I will get her checked out carefully over the next few weeks.

Tessa Bea

Cavy Slave
Agh! Highest hopes for your sweet girl. :( Did he know the dangers of putting them together?

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Yeah, that was my question as well - did he know you had intact males and females?

piggy love

Cavy Slave
oh my is there any way to terminate a g pig pregnancy
? it would be horrible but....

Toadies

Cavy Slave
I don't think it matters if he knew or not. Putting them together was not in her requests or instructions. I truly hope that she isn't pregnant. Please keep us posted.

Jazlyn

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
Awh, good luck!

twilightwheek

Cavy Slave
I hope your human daughter is well, I am so sorry you came home to that! I really hope you piggy is not pregnant too. Poor thing!! I am also glad that nothing worse happened like injuries to any of your pigs while they were together for 2 days.

piggy love

Cavy Slave
There was an incident where I had accidentaly bought a male and he tried humping my girl...she wouldn't let him she didn't hurt him but she just never let him on her...so you have a chance there that she is not pregnant!

xoLauraox09

Cavy Slave
I hope all goes well if she is pregnant. Poor piggie :(

Catayn

Cavy Slave
I really know how you feel... My husband has already done some strange things as well. As for other people watching our pets, I'm always concerned. It doesn't matter how many times you tell them what to do or how many times you write what to do, sometimes they just have a "moment" that screws everything.
I hope your piggie is not pregnant...

MissSofi

Cavy Slave
Oh dear! Well I hope all ends up well with both your girl's (piggy and daughter) I dont know why, but it seems so difficult for people to NOT put males and females together! We have thee females at home and a rescue near by, my girlfriend is constantly asking if we can get a maie, but I refuse to adopt one (even though I would love to) because I just KNOW that that male will, at some point or another, mysteriously end up in my girls cage. Even if Sam knows the risks, I have a feeling the temptation to "have babies" will be too strong. No males for us.

If she is pregnant and all goes well, you may want to consider keeping one of her daughters so she will not be lonely in any case.

Farli129

Cavy Slave
I hope with you that she is not pregnant. I adopted a guinea pig from someone and was told she was not with a male and then found out she was pregnant. I am expecting her litter any day now, and I feel how much stress that I am going through, I cannot even imagine what you are going through. All my thoughts (well not all, my Marmalade needs some too, but most) are with you!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.