Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Peninsula Cavy Slaves?

honeysmum

Cavy Slave
Hello - I am new to this Cavy Slave life, but loving it! Would love to chat/exchange ideas and information with others. Our family has two new babies, sisters Honey & Charlie, now 5 months old and rescued from the RSPCA Pearcedale shelter. They have taken a while to trust slave contact, but now give us gorgeous squeaks when its dinner time and love a cuddle and scratch. We live on the Mornington Peninsula (Victoria, Australia). Would especially like some ideas for a new indoor cage - we are in the process of making a 3 x 4 grid one. What is best to set it up on? We don't have a spare table or bench we can use - are crates or extra grids sturdy enough?

Banana

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I'm from sydney myself.

in response to your question: I'd think they would be, i dont think the cages are that heavy, being made out of coroplast/corflutea and cubes. ive seen some pics on the gallery here with people making supports out of spare cubes and they seem to work. I bought myself a cheap trestle table (like they sell in officeworks and bunnings) to put mine on and its perfect although i realise if you're space limited it may not be best for you.

honeysmum

Cavy Slave
Thanks Banana. I'll try the extra grids and see how they go.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.