Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C probably getting two more boars

mitzi

Cavy Slave
]I am probably getting two more boars, I have two already. I was wondering about keeping them together? What size of cage would be best? Is this possible?
I would have a 2 by 5 with a 2 by 3 or 4 attached in an L shape. Is this enough? Or should I just keep them seperate?
thanks

leyley904
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

2sCompany

Cavy Slave
I think you should definitely try to keep them together! If it doesn't work out, which it may not, then obviously separate them. The cage is big enough, but maybe you could add a loft for them to get away from each other if they want to. Your best bet is adopting an already bonded pair, that will help tremendously. Also, what are your boars names now? I would love to help you out with some name suggestions :) !

I started with two boys, and adopted two more, they don't get along at all. And both of them are bonder pairs, so that makes it even worse.

I have a 2x5 for each, stacked on top of each other.

This is it here,

I find it works perfect, the two pairs that don't get along, don't even know how close they really are to each other.

So you can use this idea, or try putting them together.

mitzi

Cavy Slave
Sounds good . I have the 2 by 5 on a table. If they don't get along do you think that it would be ok to put the other cage underneath? Or would that be to dark?

2sCompany

Cavy Slave
if it's sitting RIGHT on top of the bottom cage, i think it will be too dark, my cage that i have underneath is still too dark, but i have led's hooked up underneath for lighting if they need it.

So either you can build it like mine, or build two separate tables. Either way works really.

mitzi

Cavy Slave
woot!!! just talked to my husband and we decided to get these boys. So excited! I'll have to change things around in the piggy room but will make it work. :)

2sCompany

Cavy Slave
Congrats on the new pigs

leyley904
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

ferndalezoo

Cavy Slave
I brought a bonded pair of skinnies home nearly a year ago, and (after quarantine, of course) introduced them to my existing bonded pair (long-haired pigs). It worked, and well, for around 9 months (the cage was 3x5, with a second level). After that time, though, my dominant boar started showing up with large, but superficial wounds on a regular basis. Split the two pairs back up, and they're doing fine that way. There's no reason you can't try to have them all live together, but be very prepared for it to not work out, and BE SURE to do a PROPER 3 week quarantine, in a seperate room, first.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.