Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Alternatives CritterTrail Playpen

Katie_Kutthroat

Cavy Slave
I'm having a heck of a time finding grids to build my C&C cage and I was browsing on the web and found these play pens. I'm making a 2x5 so I'm thinking I should buy two of them and use the extra section to block off a part of the room in my bathroom. I'm assuming you can take them apart. But anyways, there said to be for hamsters and gerbils but the reviews say they escape by climbing, so I'm wondering can pigs? Has anyone used these, what's your opinion.

Kipsie

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

Is it this? If so, it's 9 inches in height, and i'm not sure if your pigs would be able to climb that with their high hideys in the cage, but I think some people have tried them in gallery.

Dichotomy83

Cavy Slave
Those grids with that playpen tend to be a little flimsy, and theyre kind of short in my own opinion.

Before building the 2x5's for my three boars, 2 of them lived in this "cage"

https://bunnyrabbit.com/equipmentpix/playpen_cover2.jpg

Its the Clean Living Small Animal Playpen. The inside measured to just over 9 square feet, and it fit perfectly on a poker table that was shaped the same (Octogon).

When on a raised table it was a little bit difficult to reach the farthest corners, but really not too bad. It served its purpose and was plenty tall enough to keep them inside. Best of all it was really easy to move if I needed to clean.

Katie_Kutthroat

Cavy Slave
Yeah, thats the one. My oldest pig isn't very fond of climbing on things but with the new boy I'm adding I'm not sure how he is with being an escape artist, he's in quarantine still. I like the octogone one but how would I cat proof it with a lid? I saw a critter trail type one in the gallery with a lid on it, so I might go done that road. Maybe if I zip tie the crap out of it, it'll help with the sturdiness?

Jennicat

Cavy Slave
They're quite easy for guinea pigs to scale -- I've had 4 week old babies scramble over them and barely slow down!

Katie_Kutthroat

Cavy Slave
Oh no! Yeah when I heard hamsters were breaking out I started to think that pigs would just say good day and be on their marry pig way Lol. I talked to some one at target and they said they can put in a order for grids at another store so I think I'll scrape the playpen idea. Thanks everyone. :D

ryounce

Cavy Slave
I picked up mine at Bed Bath and Beyond:

(broken link removed)

This is the link, You could also go to Piggybedspreads.com, The sell the coroplast cut to size for the grids...

Last edited:

ryounce

Cavy Slave
The target grids have the space between the grids that are to large, there is a post somewhere on the forum about that and the Piggy who got stuck. Like I said go to a bed bath & beyond you get 16 grids for 14.99...

Katie_Kutthroat

Cavy Slave
Oh, that's not good. I'll check bed bath and beyond.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.