Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Vinyl for floor time?

Holly&Fred

Cavy Slave
In the past, I've used a shower curtain on the floor during floor time to prevent any accidents. This worked pretty well, until I discovered one of my pigs had eaten a decent-sized chunk out of it one day. It's been a week or so and she seems completely fine, but it got me thinking.

I was hoping to switch from a shower curtain to a thicker cotton-backed vinyl on the floor, just for the sake of ease of setup. I've started covering the thing completely in towels (may change to just a layer of fleece, but fleece is expensive) to prevent any consumption of the shower curtain.

If my pig finds her way under the towels or whatever I decide to put down, will the shower curtain be safer for her should she take a nibble or two, or will the thicker vinyl be alright?

I don't want this to come off the wrong way, I definitely plan to take every effort to deter Ani from eating the vinyl. Problem being, if I just put towels down, there's always a little bit left exposed and if the pigs get bored enough they can burrow underneath the towels. I keep close supervision over the pigs during floor time, but I would like to feel safe leaving the room for five or ten minutes without having to worry about choking or digestive problems or even death from being typical curious pigs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.