Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

should i go ahead and seperate my guinea pigs?

piggy_rama

Cavy Slave
i have to guinea pigs... they are babies (5-7 in.) we were told they were both males, but we got home and picasso turned into fiona. i don't know if i should go ahead and seperate the cage or if i can wait. i don't want fiona to have babies.... she's to tiny.... any advice on seperating cuz freddy goes :crazy: crazy when i'm holding fiona and he's by himself. we're going to get freddy fixed, though. oh... it would be nice to know when i should start worrying also. like, when they start maturing and stuff.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Separate them immediately. The males can reach sexual maturity by 3 weeks of age and females mature shortly after the males. They are both probably fertile by now and she can become pregnant at any time (if she isn't already).

piggy_rama

Cavy Slave
thankz! i'm going to go do that at the moment... but how will franky react? he goes nuts when he can't even see her. she was in the cuddle cup and he was freaking out because he couldn't find her. is this because she is a female or have they just bonded cuz she does the same thing sometimes?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.