Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Size? Accessories arrangment?

waicatz

Cavy Slave
I'm drained. I've make the C&C cage (just the cubes) yesterday night, but my brother in law complaining about the size and height (as I'm using the cubes as the stand a well), which took over the hallway (in fact there's still space for to walk by), yet still making noises. I guess he don't like the piggies to take over his place that much.

Now I'm struggling about the size. I know the perfect size is 27" x 56". Due to the flat is small; I tried to make it by 24.5" x 56". Is 24.5" width fine without second storey? Should I reconstruct to 24.5" x 50"?

The pigloo, I thought of making with cubes and bend it to 14"(w) x 5"(d) x 4"(h). Is it too small for an adult pig? And above the pigloo will have an addition bunker. The girls will fight if use the same pigloo.

And at the side of the pigloo, I thought of hanging a cloth, as 1 of my girls loves to play with cloth. Maybe she can sleep underneath or on it. But I'm not sure what the material is?

Since if I'm using 24.5" x 50", the water bottle and the hay rack that I bought from the pet shop will clip from the outside of the cage. The food bowl should I place in the center of the cage? Will this arrangement help to give space to the piggies to run lap (they love to run lap in the current cage which half smaller than the minimum size, pity them) and other activities?

Attached with a plan for the C&C cage.
The picture is a rough sketch; it may look smaller than the real stuff. Maybe you can use your own C&C cage's grid as references. Please advice.

Note: The cage is for 2 piggies, now they are 4 months old. Thought of letting them to live in same cage for years.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.