Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Diet questions

Farli129

Cavy Slave
I have a sow that may be possibly pregnant. I adopted her from someone on new years eve. I emailed her on the 6th because Marmalade was gaining weight and i thought maybe i was feeding too much. She told me that there is a possibility that she may be pregnant because she had her with a male before christmas. The lady found out just after christmas that she was pregnant with twins and decided to re-home some of her piggies.

My question is, I am not totally sure she is pregnant. Can i, to be safe, feed her alfaalfa pellets for 2 months to make sure any possible babies are nutrient rich and if by the middle of february she isn't showing signs then switch her back to timothy pellets?

Question 2: how long after the babies are born should she be on alfa alfa pellets?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.