Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Bales of hay in Melbourne?

.Munchkin.

Cavy Slave
Hi!
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find good quality bales of grass hay around Melbourne? My local pet supply store has rather horrible hay and I'm against purchasing anything from them because they keep two guinea pigs there as pets in a tiny, dirty, wire-bottom cage.

I use wood shavings and hay as bedding so if I bought a bag it would only last for about a week, a bale would be more convenient.

If anyone knows where I could find some or offer some advice, that would be greatly appreciated. :)

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
I'm not sure where you are in Melbourne, but the Stockfeed place on Yan Yean Road (Doreen) has bales of hay. They are all around $20 a bale and it's taken me 8 months to go through a single bale with 4 pigs. They are BIG bales of hay.

I'm not sure what they will have this time of year though, I need a new bale too and am worried I won't be able to get something they will like and is okay for them.

.Munchkin.

Cavy Slave
Hi.
Thanks so much for the reply.
Unfortunately I live around the Banyule discreet and my Mum isn't really up to traveling that far. :sad:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.