Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Disposable Rabbits!!!

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
Wow, I'm so PO'd right now. I just got back from our local 'animal supply store'(I say it with quotes because they do breed and sell pigs, but they're given alot of attention and very good housing standards, though this does not make up for the fact that they breed) and I was at the check-out counter with my mother. Well, I heard the woman at the counter say that these two rabbits were for sale, and she points over to a small dog crate. Well, inside are two adorablerabbits, both angoras, and I asked why they were for sale. Well, the woman(at the cash register) had recently bought them so that she could get a photo of her two children holding rabbits for an easter picture. Well, she didn't want to take care of them after that, so she decided to dump them on someone else. Right now, I was fuming mad and I looked at my mom with huge puppy dog eyes. Of course, she says no(she won't even let me get another pigger). Well, I ask what sex they are. She says a boy and a girl. Well, my mom saw me starting to turn red and we got out of there ASAP. This woman bought to different sexed rabbits for a photo shoot and is now trying to get rid of them. Pardon my french, but what the hell is wrong with people today?

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

lindsey's boys

Cavy Slave
DocDolittle said:
Wow, I'm so PO'd right now. I just got back from our local 'animal supply store'(I say it with quotes because they do breed and sell pigs, but they're given alot of attention and very good housing standards, though this does not make up for the fact that they breed) and I was at the check-out counter with my mother. Well, I heard the woman at the counter say that these two rabbits were for sale, and she points over to a small dog crate. Well, inside are two adorablerabbits, both angoras, and I asked why they were for sale. Well, the woman(at the cash register) had recently bought them so that she could get a photo of her two children holding rabbits for an easter picture. Well, she didn't want to take care of them after that, so she decided to dump them on someone else. Right now, I was fuming mad and I looked at my mom with huge puppy dog eyes. Of course, she says no(she won't even let me get another pigger). Well, I ask what sex they are. She says a boy and a girl. Well, my mom saw me starting to turn red and we got out of there ASAP. This woman bought to different sexed rabbits for a photo shoot and is now trying to get rid of them. Pardon my french, but what the hell is wrong with people today?
That's awful!! People just don't understand animals. They think that they're just toys, that you can just use it for something and then get rid of it when you are tired of it.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Thats just pathetic. For a photo shoot? That has to be THE dumbest reason to get animals. Ditto PoohBear, I would have smacked her one!

Poohbear
Poohbear

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
Trust me, I was tempted. May I also add that one of the breeder pigs was a dalmation. Can't dalmations create lethals?

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Only if it is bred to another dalmation. It's breeding dal x dal and roan x roan that produce lethals. People think that many pets are disposable and many time purchase animals for all the wrong reasons. It seems to me this woman could have found a person with a couple of rabbits and asked if she might be able to take photos of her kids with them instead of purchasing a pair of mixed sex bunnies to do it. If those bunnies are in the same cage, the female is probably pregnant already. I had bunnies a few years ago, they were separated by sex and each lived in their own roomy cage and lived in the house.

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
Yes, the rabbits were both in the same dog crate. The woman disgusted me.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
That's what's wrong with people today; we're brought up so calloused to life around us other than our own (most people anyhow) that many don't think to question what they're being told, to stop and THINK for themselves before simply following the path that society has planted beneath their feet. It's so sad, but it's a sad reality that must be stopped.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.