Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

if he needs a buddy....

N

Nana

if he needs a buddy....

so now we read that they NEED a buddy!
I'd like him to be happy, but I DON'T want to end up with a buddy that doesn't work out because I do not have room to provide 2 separate C&C cages.
We are in a very small town and there is no rescue or expert who could help us "try one out" and trade it in if things don't work out.
would it be safe to say that if one male was neutered it'd guarantee that they won't fight? If so, we could get a neutered male from a bigger city.
any ideas?

J

janiexo

Re: if he needs a buddy....

nuetering a male wont change his behavior. take ur guinea pig along when u buy one and let them play and see how it goes. males are territiorial if u have an older one maybe getting a young one would be better. anyway a big cage would make things easier.

Attachments

Chipper sleep hut 2 028.jpg pizap.com13750578855531.jpg pizap.com10.0717728785239161375057523957.jpg

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave

Is there a rescue in the bigger city? Or one within a few hours? Some rescues will travel to you.

Try to find a male with a significant size difference. Older to young (large to small) have a good chance of working out. Neutering for behavior won't help.

N

Nana

well, according to the listed rescues, the closest one is in the L.A. area, and that is 5 hrs drive from us. If someone could refer us to someone in Ridgecrest or Lancaster/Palmdale area, then those places are 2 1/2 and 3 1/2-4 hrs away, respectively.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.