Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Playpen idea!

• Thread starter DizzySpazzTumbles
  • Start date

DizzySpazzTumbles

Cavy Slave
A couple of days ago I was looking for a playpen and discovered that they were a bit small for my 3 piggies and a very costly price. I then went home and went online to ebay and searched for a while untill I found a dog tent playpen! they had small-medium-large. i ordered one and it cost only 70.00$ (plus shipping and everything)! usually it would be 150$-200$ in stores! I ordered a small, and it's pink just for my girls. its easy to wipe up the messes because of the tent like material....no leaking through! i was reaserching and i thought it was big enough to fit on chihuahua at the least, but you can have 3 chihuahuas in there and they would STILL have room to run around! it colapses into a litle thing to fit in the bag it comes with so it's portable. you can take the bottom off and put metal bars through the strap and into the ground(comes with metal bars) so my piggies can eat grass. also, i was suprised by this, theres a little hole and strap for a water bottle! Just thought i would share.:D

Vixen

Cavy Slave
Wow that is very cool nice find!

MissMonkey

Cavy Slave
Wow, I love it! Im definatley going to get one!

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
For a playpen, I usually just zip-tie grids together (more grids for a bigger pen) and form them into a circle. It also comes in handy when I'm cleaning cages.

DizzySpazzTumbles

Cavy Slave
Wow, I love it! Im definatley going to get one!
I got it off of ebay by typing in "dog tent playpen". there are SO many for sale. hope this helps! :)

lissie

Cavy Slave
That's so expensive. For a play area, I usually block off my kitchen with zip-tie grids. It gives them 4.5'x8' space.

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
How big is it?

CavyLuver516

Cavy Slave
I've seen something like these tent things for cheep in a Fleetfarm magazine if anyone was wondering. = D

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
From the picture, it looks like 45" diameter.

If that's the diameter, this is only 11 square feet. That's not much space for floor time... it's about the size of a 2x4 cage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.