Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Just adopted 2 piggies

jchristine23

Cavy Slave
Hello! Just wanted to introduce myself and tell you all how glad I am that I found this website. I just adopted/rescued 2 piggies about a week ago. My piggies are both male and I was told that they are 2 or 3 years old. I embarrassed to say that I do not have names yet. I think my daughter wants to name them Max and Diego, but I was hoping to come up with something a little cuter.

I am really glad that I found this site because, during floor time last night, one of my boys peed on the floor last night and I noticed that it was white. So I was flipping out a little, but I saw on here that it is just too much calcium. Which I know came from my water. We have well water and the calcium levels are off the charts. Over 300 parts per million. I didn't even think of my water till I saw it mentioned on here.

I am very excited about my new piggies though. They are really great. One of my boys started popcorning for me yesterday and it was so cute. My other piggy is still a little skittish with me, but I am working on it. They both snuggled up to me yesterday during floor time. I always sit on the floor during floor time and eventually they come over to explore. I am letting them get used to me on their own terms.

So anyway, nice to meet y'all!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.