PDA

View Full Version : Injury Scratches on ears!

coojoe135
01-01-10, 08:43 pm
My two girls,Lilly and Lola, Both have scratches on their ears. My vet does not take small animals and the only place close enough is 30 minutes away! Is there something I should put on it? They are minor but there was blood. It is on Lilly's Left Ear and Lola's Left Ear. I think my cat might have reached them through the cage. I am always around them and I never saw a cat near them. I think they may have been fighting. I am not too sure. Can Somebody Help? Do I seperate them? What Do I Do?

rabbitsncavyluv
01-01-10, 09:23 pm
It may be from ear mites ?

coojoe135
01-02-10, 12:46 am
I cheacked for ear mites. there were none.

Ly&Pigs
01-02-10, 05:12 am
Mites are microscopic and can't be seen with the naked eye so I highly doubt you were able to check for mites on your pig.

snickers
01-02-10, 09:57 am
My two girls,Lilly and Lola, Both have scratches on their ears. My vet does not take small animals and the only place close enough is 30 minutes away!

When in doubt take them to the vet. The cut might get infected and since you do not know how it happened I would keep an eye out to see if it gets worse. The vet would be able to prescribe some cream or something for them.
That being said, a vet that takes small animals 30 mins away is no excuse for not being able to take them. You come off as if that is a big deal and that is a long distance to drive to take them. Maybe I am wrong since text is hard to judge rather than in person. My vet is 45 mins. away and I still take them. Other members on here have driven over an hour to get to there vet. For the health of your pig and the happiness of your pig distance should not a factor!

coojoe135
01-02-10, 12:53 pm
I took them to the local vet and he said that he couldnt do nothing for them. He checked there ears and weighed them. He said there was no sign of ear mites. He told me that if it starts looking worse to put some neosporin on it. Hopefully they will get better.

lissie
01-02-10, 01:59 pm
Is he a cavy vet? If not, you have to find a new vet.

coojoe135
01-02-10, 02:01 pm
He has worked with small animals for 10 years. He is an small animal vet.