Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Cutting/transporting coroplast for an L-shaped C&C cage?

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
How do you cut the coroplast for an L-shaped C&C cage? Is it the same as cutting it for a rectangular C&C cage?

Also, I have to transport an 8' x 4' sheet in my own car. Should I cut it so it will fit? How can I transport it?

lissie

Cavy Slave
You can roll it for trasportation. Bring a helper and a packing tape. There's a picture in the gallery on how to roll it.

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
So how do I cut the coroplast for an L-shaped cage?

Do I just do the same for a rectangular C&C cage or what?

Tdchewy

Cavy Slave
So how do I cut the coroplast for an L-shaped cage?

Do I just do the same for a rectangular C&C cage or what?

I would think the cutting would be the same regardless of the shape, unless I'm misunderstanding the question.

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
Obviously the dimensions are different for an L shaped cage. Figure out what the dimensions of the actual cage will be. Draw that out to scale. Then add 6" all the way around. Cut that shape out. You'll probably need two pieces of coroplast taped together to do that. If I were you, I would draw it out on paper and make a little paper model first to make sure you know where to cut it and how to overlap it.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Ditto to what Akstrohm said -- make a model first.

You may or may not be able to transport it in your car. You can roll it up from the short end, but it's still a big roll. A roll will fit in the back of my Toyota Camry if I move the front seat all the way up and sort of squish it in the back seat. But if you've got a small car, it won't fit.

snickers

Cavy Slave
I know some sign places by me actually can deliver the coroplast to your house if you do not have a car big enough for it. They just stuff if into a giant van they have. Maybe you can call and see if they can do that for you?
As for the L shape I made 2 rectangles for the upper level, 1 for the straight part of the 'L" and another rectangle for the bottom part of the L.
Then where they meet I bent down those flaps so they go over one another forming one big bottom. It's hard to explain, but I hope it gives you an idea.

ryounce

Cavy Slave
make two rectangles, make sure the two ends that will meet a factory cut side. then use duct tape or shipping on the bottom (No piggy access to tape)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.