Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Another reason I feel like crap...

lindsey's boys

Cavy Slave
Well looky what I found:(broken link removed) I've been checking almost everyday since June, I've seen three (all males). The one I REALLY, REALLY wanted my mom said yes to. This was when I decided I was ready for another after Shaggy died. It was a sign I should get him when I saw his pic, I know it. His name was Hershey, He had a beautiful coat, shimmery black, I loved him. My mom said he looked to old, then the SPCA called when I was at school, and I think my mom didn't want to tell me that he was Rodney's age; we had Chip then. Some one else got him, and i'm sure he's dead because the people that got him didn't know how to take care of him.I hate myself for all of this.

o0Ms Jenny0o

Cavy Slave
How do you know that the people that got him didn't know how to take care of him? The SPCA usually checks out the could be owners to make sure they're suitable. And even if they aren't there is no way that you could know what was going to happen. I'm sure another pig will come along. I'm sorry it didn't work out.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry. I hope he went to a good home.

Baby Bears

Cavy Slave
Lindsey - would your mom let you have two young boys (less than a year old) that are in REALLY good health? I just found out I'm really allergic to them and have to find them a home soon!

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Are you sure your allergic to the pigs and not the hay? Most of the time the allergies are due to the hay and not the pigs themselves. I would find out for sure what your allergic to before giving your pigs away.

Baby Bears

Cavy Slave
Oh Ly, I wish it were the hay! I have no problems at all when I clean their cage. I'm using CareFresh right now too. It's only when I hold them that I get this way. My left eye is almost swelled shut right now from holding Butter for 20 minutes. He wasn't even by my face. He was on my lap. Everything is fine if I don't touch them. But that's not fair to them. They need loves and cuddles too! I am really torn up about this. They are such GREAT pets!!

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I am so very sorry. I know it will be hard on you to let them go to a new home, but if you have to give them up, please make sure they go to another great home.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry to hear about this, Baby Bears! It's a tough decision, and I hope that the pigs find a loving home to go to. Good luck to you and the piggies!

lindsey's boys

Cavy Slave
Baby Bears said:
Lindsey - would your mom let you have two young boys (less than a year old) that are in REALLY good health? I just found out I'm really allergic to them and have to find them a home soon!
No, I wish I could get them. My mom says no more piggies til' I move out. I'm SOOOO sorry you have to give them up. I could NEVER give up my pigs.

Ketus15

Cavy Slave
Keep getting information and saving money so you can afford to give your piggies a good life and proper treatment when you move out. Pets are such a huge responsibility, it breaks my heart that people choose not to take their pets/pigs to a vet because it is too expensive!

Also, check with college dorms at the schools you're interested in and see if they allow pets. Re-itterate to them that the pigs remain in a cage. (They don't have the know the WHOLE truth, right? That's the approach we've taken with our landlords.)

From what I've read you're a nice person and good owner. Don't feel like crap. Your energy is better spent loving yourself and your pig than worring about things that can't be helped.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.