Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Question about kitchen areas and cage size.

muggy

Cavy Slave
(I searched the forum for hours before asking this question, so if I missed the answer I'm sorry!)

We just got a pig. I'm building him a bigger cage (we built him a smaller temporary one until we had the chance to get supplies for the bigger cage - we had some C&C left over from our bunny's cage), and I'm making it a 2x4 because a) we intend to get him a friend in January ( a sow, most likely) and b) a 2x4 is really the biggest we can fit. I bought fleece and such for bedding today, and this site has given me lots of great ideas - like bent grid tents, and grid hay racks.

However, I want to make a kitchen area out of coroplast or linoleum (whichever we can find - it's hard for us to get to a sign shop during the week with my fiance's work hours and my lack of car, so we're going with what they have at Home Depot). I was curious as to whether adding a kitchen area means the cage needs to be bigger, or if it doesn't change the sizing requirements, as it is pretty much a litter box? That may sound like a silly question, but I want to make sure the pigs won't be smooshed.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.