Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New to this forum....

eroomlorac

Cavy Slave
I have recently acquired two guinea pigs. I have wanted guinea pigs for quite a while now but just never took the plunge. I do have 4 chinchillas, 3 dogs, 3 cats and several other pets so I sure wasn't lonely. Well, I'd like to post pictures of my two lovely girls.

First is Vanilla. I don't know what color combination you would call this but I'm sure someone here can tell me. She has enchanting pale pink eyes that just shimmer and it's almost like you can see into her head through them.
She's pretty young and weighed in yesterday at 365 g.

1204091229a.jpg

My second girl is an agouti grey and white. Yesterday she weighed in at 305 g.

Left side......
1217090809.jpg

The color pattern on her right side.
downsized_1215090746-1.jpg

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
Cute guinea pigs. Where did you get them?

Tessa Bea

Cavy Slave
They must be TINY- 300 something grams... wow.

Where did you 'acquire' them from?

eroomlorac

Cavy Slave
I got them off of Craigslist. There were no piggies in local rescues that I could find. It was a 'rehome' because the poster's daughter had 'outgrown them'. Nice, huh?

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
Congrats on the adoption, and welcome to the forum!

Make sure they are both girls--a lot of people don't check.

eroomlorac

Cavy Slave
Yep, they are definitely both girls. No question in my mind.

Dichotomy83

Cavy Slave
Cute pigs, and welcome!!

Hehe but you forgot to tell us the name of your agouti! :)

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the Forum! This place is great for getting information and just having fun.

You're pigs are very cute. And congrats on the new additions!

What kind of cage do you have?

eroomlorac

Cavy Slave
Cute pigs, and welcome!!

Hehe but you forgot to tell us the name of your agouti! :)

Oops! It's a real technological challenge for me to post pictures so I was distracted by that. LOL The agouti's name is Cloud.

Welcome to the Forum! This place is great for getting information and just having fun.

You're pigs are very cute. And congrats on the new additions!

What kind of cage do you have?

Right now they are in a too small store bought guinea pig cage. They get lots of play time in a Clean Living Small Animal Play Pen. I bought two sets of storage cube grids a couple days ago and am trying to get my hands on a roll of coroplast. I have asked many questions about that in another thread on this forum. So, my piggie girls will have a nice C&C cage in the near future.

wigglesgiggles1

Cavy Slave
Those piggies are adorable. Congrats on adopting.

Dichotomy83

Cavy Slave
Oops! It's a real technological challenge for me to post pictures so I was distracted by that. LOL The agouti's name is Cloud.

Right now they are in a too small store bought guinea pig cage. They get lots of play time in a Clean Living Small Animal Play Pen. I bought two sets of storage cube grids a couple days ago and am trying to get my hands on a roll of coroplast. I have asked many questions about that in another thread on this forum. So, my piggie girls will have a nice C&C cage in the near future.

You know....I had my (then 2) boars living in that exact same playpen for a few weeks (months?) before I built their C&C cage.

If you look at my photos, you should see pictures.

Have you considered that as an option in the meantime? It'll really give them more room to run.

eroomlorac

Cavy Slave
No, I couldn't do it. I have dogs and cats and that play pen is too open for my liking. My dogs and cats are a little too interested in the piggies. That play pen isn't sturdy enough or safe enough for everyday use. The piggies are in it when I'm home and doing household chores so I could keep an eye on them.

3piggymomma

Cavy Slave
Congratulations on adopting; your girls are adorable. Good luck making the cage; show us pics when you're done!

Dichotomy83

Cavy Slave
No, I couldn't do it. I have dogs and cats and that play pen is too open for my liking. My dogs and cats are a little too interested in the piggies. That play pen isn't sturdy enough or safe enough for everyday use. The piggies are in it when I'm home and doing household chores so I could keep an eye on them.

Could you put the pen as a permanent setup in a room that the dogs and cats dont have access to?

If not, Im sure it will be fine to use your store cage until your grids are setup. I used a shower curtain under my C&C cage until I found coroplast.

Worst case scenario you can always buy coroplast online.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.