Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C About to Expand

Dichotomy83

Cavy Slave
As most of you know, Ive had some fighting problems amongst my boys. Pepper is currently in a quarantine cage because its all I had and I had to separate him and Milo due to fighting. Milo and Spike are currently in the 2x5 c&c.

Well, Im excitedly waiting on supplies to completely expand their pad. I'm going to be building an entire second floor on their cage, so that they will have a 2x5x2 cage (if that makes sense?) I know that second floors dont really count towards adding space, but its my hope that this added terrain will allow the 3 boys to live happily together.

I plan on setting up the new pad, doing a buddy bath with all three, then floor time, and finally (hopefully) putting them into the cage together. I figure worst case scenario I'll have to keep Pepper separate and I can do that by just taking out the ramp and having each floor be a separate cage.

The general layout will look just like this:

but a 5x2.

Im so excited!!!

Catayn

Cavy Slave
Wow, that's huge!
I hope your boys start getting along again!

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
It looks great, and I hope they get along!

When you're building it, think about cleaning it in the future and see if there's anything you can do to make that easier (hinged parts that lift away, etc.).

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
That looks like a decent size cage! I bet the extra space will help them get along better. Sorry about all the troubles you've had. They never said bonding was easy, did they? :) But good luck! How did the buddy bath go?

leyley904
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Dichotomy83

Cavy Slave
Im not allowed to share where the photo came from, but I will take photos of my boys new setup very soon and post them to my profile.

Cogni

Cavy Slave
It has casters on it! that's great. We are exploring how to put our C&C cage up on a base or cart with casters.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.