Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Glass water bottles

snickers

Cavy Slave
I just purchased a glass water bottle that seems to be the new thing now. I guess the pet industry is trying to get rid of the cheap plastic water bottles. Anyway, I must say I love it and so do the pigs. They won't touch the other plastic water bottles in there cage, and go straight for the glass one. It has a floating turtle in it so it's easy to see the water level, they also do not drip from what I can tell so far compared to the plastic and the best part I love about it is they are dishwasher safe. No more, cleaning water bottles. Just plop in the dishwater and good to go. I guess I have to order more, since the pigs seem to like it.

Thought I would share.

xoLauraox09

Cavy Slave
I wish they sold them in Ireland!

Catayn

Cavy Slave
I have the same kind, but mine have a floating fish inside!

Silverbeat

Cavy Slave
Darn. And here I just bought two new plastic bottles.

I will have to keep my eye out for them, thanks for sharing. :D

Kynexy

Cavy Slave
I just got two of them for my G-force but they have Ducks inside lol they love them

NicholsS10

Cavy Slave
I got 2 glass ones when I forgot to clean my out and air dry them when I left my apartment for a week (Thanksgiving Break, the pigs came with me to my parents where they have a whole other set up). When I got home I had to buy some, all they had were the glass ones by super pet. They also have the duck floating inside. It actually took a while for my pigs to get use to it, but now they love it, and they leak less than what I was using.

snickers

Cavy Slave
I bought mine because the place I ordered from didnt have any cheap plastic ones, all they sold was glass. Not to mention I was a sucker for the floating turtle inside and I think the pigs are too. They seem to look at the turtle after every sip they take. They are more money than the plastic ones, I spent around $8 for mine, but they are definitely worth it.

Triggs

Cavy Slave
Haha I have the same water feeders. There by "Super pet" lol. The only thing i found with mine was i had to Jam something in the top to leaver it backwards on the spring. So that the nozzel stuck into the cage more. Otherwise they had problems getting their mouths around it ? Did u find this ?

Triggs

Cavy Slave
Also don't forget about eBay. Alot of the small shops will send over sea's. I mean you pay a little more for postage. But if you really want an item its the way to go. Where I'm from grids are $20.00 for 10. But I got mine off ebay for $25 for 60 plus $30 shipping. So i still saved $65. :D

Striker2807

Cavy Slave
Haha I have the same water feeders. There by "Super pet" lol. The only thing i found with mine was i had to Jam something in the top to leaver it backwards on the spring. So that the nozzel stuck into the cage more. Otherwise they had problems getting their mouths around it ? Did u find this ?

My guy seemed to have trouble getting his mouth around it too, but after a day or two he didn't seem to be having any problems.

Triggs

Cavy Slave
Yeah I thought they may adjust. I think the thing with mine is their all aged from 2-4 months so they vary in size dramatically. So i have to find heights that suit all. :crazy:

snickers

Cavy Slave
hmm. Mine isnt by super pet, I forgot the brand but it wasnt super pet.
Woww you got a good deal on the grids, I never thought to look on ebay. I don't really order from ebay, but now I am going to look.
I didn't find a problem with them trying to get there little mouths around it, they seemed find to me. The only thing I was having an issue with was the spring thing to hold the water bottle to the cage. I couldn't figure that out for the life of me. I kept dropping the water bottle trying to get it to attach with the spring clip. I had to ask my husband, then of course he figured it out. :crazy: Then I hear from him "that wasnt that hard" lol

Triggs

Cavy Slave
To all the women out there. Especally the one's who posted threads in the "will i go to jail if i kill my husband....." Thread. Bagging all us males! Huh! Thats what were good for! And thats why u need us :D

snickers

Cavy Slave
haha hey I didn't post in that thread lol, but why did I open my mouth about my husband helping me? I take that back, I did it all on my own. I have to stop opening my mouth up and think before I talk :D
Your 23 right? I am older than you by one year, you will soon learn that you need us women for things too!

Triggs

Cavy Slave
haha. Yeah I'm 23. your married at 24? Scary :p
How did u manage to talk your husband into that one?
Or are you just a really really good cook? lol
I've been with my girlfriend now about 18 months or so. She's the one who introduced me to the world of guinea pigs. I built her a massive C&C Cage a few weeks ago for a suprise. My cage has a 1X3 hay loft in level 3, A 2X3 pigloo bunker on level 2 with 6 pigloo comparments, a water feeder, food dish etc. Then level 1 has a massive 3x6 play pen full of PVC pipes and cardboard boxes and things. And I'm planning atm to make a 1X9 run strip down the side of the whole thing. I wanna put tunnels and hill's and things in it like a mini golf corse for them to play threw. And the hole in and out will be PVC and set up like a golf corse hole :p :D

snickers

Cavy Slave
Holy smokes! Post a pic of that cage. I would love to see the bunkers.
Actually got married at 22, 7 months dating, then engaged and then 6 months later got married. I really don't like cooking, but love baking. :D Being into cars, and off roading helps alot too!
Okay back on topic now!
How do you have 6 pigloo bunkers? Pic please

Triggs

Cavy Slave
Sad to admit I don't own a digital camera. But the missus does so when I pick her up tonight ill grab the cam and show you all. 6 Bunkers was easy. Just about space saving.
Picture a 2X3 cage. Then at the back row of 3 put grids going inwards

i.e

______
| | | |

So now there's a 1x3 front run, and 3 sectioned off bits at the back. This doubles as the support for the 1X3 hay loft. then in the middle section of the 3 bunkers i put a divider grid in the middle making bunk beds and placed a ramp going up it. and a Elbow PVC pipe going threw the side into the bottom bunker. So thats the first 2. There's a bucket pigloo i made for Gizmo when I first got her as it was late Sunday and couldn't find a place open to buy a real one. When i went to take it away she shreiked and ran around looking for it till i put it back. Its ugly but she loves it lol. so thats the third. Then i have a parrot A Frame hanging bunker. Thats 4. There's a wooden pigloo to the side near the elbow for the middle pigloo. thats 5. then theirs a towl tent on the side near the entrance to the PVC stairs to the hayloft that makes 6. This way they have 2 each. Even tho they manage to still fight for one of them? Kids.....

snickers

Cavy Slave
That's alot to picture in my head this late. As the saying goes a picture says a 1,000 words. So butter up the misses to get her camera lol.

Catayn

Cavy Slave
To all the women out there. Especally the one's who posted threads in the "will i go to jail if i kill my husband....." Thread. Bagging all us males! Huh! Thats what were good for! And thats why u need us :D

I hope you didn't get offended by that, it was a joke... :sad:
And I didn't really get what you meant, maybe I should just read the whole thing.

EDIT: OK, got it. Honestly, I don't know what I would do without my husband. Hecooks and cleans and washes and irons and cleans the pets and everything. He has a problem with instructions, that's all.
Talking about age, I got married at the age of 22, and my husband was 21. Everyone said we were too young, but I just don't think so.

Nina12

Cavy Slave
That's cool! I wish I had one of those water bottles. I can't tell how high the water is in my rabbit's from far away and it's REALLY hard to close

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.