Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Alternatives How to make a kiddie pool cage.

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
Okay here is a how-to make a kiddie pool cage.

first you need to get:

(1. hard plastic kiddie pool(preferably at least 3.5' in diameter)https://lh4.ggpht.com/_v-h-IsLPFA4/RpAgPdfa4yI/AAAAAAAAAA0/QZwV2z3yhGw/IMG_0080.JPG

(1. bag of cable ties(or zip ties)(broken link removed)

(1-2. packages of grids(depending on how large your pool is but you (broken link removed)usualy only need one).

Depending on how high the plastic sides are on the pool you may need a drill also.

step one

figure out how many grids you are going to need by conecting them with the conectors(not cable ties)

step two:

Cable tie your grids all the way around the kiddie pool

step four(optional)

Drill a hole in the plastic kiddie pool if need be for the water bottle.

Here is what your finished project should look like.

snickers

Cavy Slave
That's a good idea, but does the pig have enough room? It looks like only pigloo can fit in there and thats about it. Doesn't look like there is enough running room, compared to a C&C cage.

cavy_cuddler

Cavy Slave
That's a good idea, but does the pig have enough room? It looks like only pigloo can fit in there and thats about it. Doesn't look like there is enough running room, compared to a C&C cage.

Yes, I agree. How big is the inside? Also, the hay rack and water bottle look too high. I would lower them.

lissie

Cavy Slave
3.5' circle will be 9.6 sq.ft. So it's between 2x3 and 2x4 c&c cage.
How will the pig reach the hay? Seems kind of high.

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
Its a cute idea. It would be a good quarantine cage. To me, you'd have to make the walls secure before letting a pig go around. Because, just to what concerns me and this is just personal, is that if you had a big explorer pig like I do, they climb over(If they were brave enough) and run around and poop and pee. Especially if it was on a carpet. I would move the hay thing down as that would take a lot of stretching for one pig. And a lot of work for a baby piggie too.
Good Quarantine cage though.

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure how large it is. It's from the photo galleries I personaly would not use a pool so small(as in the photo).

Sorry if the size confused anyone I dont know how the one in the photo is.

As for the hay thing I still dont know, its not my cage(I dont have a photo of mine yet).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.