Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbits Rabbit breeds

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
What breeds would you suggest for a first timer? I was thinking something small like a Dutch Rabbit, Holland Rabbit, Mini Lop.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Those breeds aren't that small necessarily and lops are prone to dental issues, just fyi.

I'd go by personality than breed. But any breed of rabbit is not going to be low maintenance.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
I would contact your local rabbit rescue and tell them you are a first time owner. They will help match you up with the perfect rabbit for you.

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
Those breeds aren't that small necessarily and lops are prone to dental issues, just fyi.

I'd go by personality than breed. But any breed of rabbit is not going to be low maintenance.
Yes, I realize that. Lops are cute though :). But anyway, thanks for letting me know about them.

I would contact your local rabbit rescue and tell them you are a first time owner. They will help match you up with the perfect rabbit for you.
Good point Voodoojoint.

KingBoris

Cavy Slave
I agree about going to the rescue and getting there help to match you and a bun,
you will most probably find the one you pick will be because it has a great personality not because of looks.
I have met many different buns through the shelters and find the mixed breeds to be just as loving and the biggest characters.
Its the same as it is with piggies,they are so different its near impossible to pick based on breed/age or anything similar.
goodluck

Catayn

Cavy Slave
I would get a Rex. They are just adorable and really really friendly. They are small, but not as small as mini rabbits and they love to play with people.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.