Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hacked

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
The forum was hacked. They just replaced my two main index files with their own. I had to restore back to last night's backup (I think). I've rebuilt some forum files. I hope it's okay. Other than recently missing posts, please let me know of any irregularities.

The bigger picture, I am down rev on the forum and photo post software due to mods I've made. It is not an easy upgrade process. In order to prevent this from happening again, I have to upgrade. Not sure when I'll get to it, time is very tight right now. Maybe since they've hacked me once, they'll leave me alone for a few days. We'll see. I'll need to take the forum down for at least a weekend to do the upgrade.

Sorry about this.

Teresa

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Hopefully the hackers will leave the forum alone now. But if they don't and you need to do the upgrade, I am sure everyone will understand.

Lynx

Cavy Slave
Sorry to hear you were hacked. It sounds like some of the problems phpBB's have had. Check your website for uploaded scripts. Make sure you password protect the admin area.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Oh, I'm so sorry Teresa! Whoever did this should realize that there is nothing good coming from his/her actions. It's just someone with time to burn, I'll guess. I hope that you aren't bothered again.

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
a computer geek.

Hey now pooh, I took a tiny bit of offense to that because I am a "computer geek" but I don't go around hacking people.

LiciaMommycott

Cavy Slave
Hey me too! I'm a professional computer geek.

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
How about a twisted computer geek?

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.