Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Ivermectin What do you use to measure oral Ivermectin?

fieryone

Cavy Slave
I printed out the chart on guinealynx for the oral Ivermectin horse paste. I will be mixing this with vegetable oil and I should be okay with that since my son has a graduated cylinder. My main problem is a syringe to administer the Ivermectin. What do you use and where did you get it? I tried CVS and the pet store but neither had one small enough. I'd rather not have to drive 40-45 minutes to his vet just to get a syringe if I don't have to.

I'm smacking my forehead for not keeping one of the two that I had from Doc's antibiotics

Matt Ceja

Cavy Slave
I printed out the chart on guinealynx for the oral Ivermectin horse paste. I will be mixing this with vegetable oil and I should be okay with that since my son has a graduated cylinder. My main problem is a syringe to administer the Ivermectin. What do you use and where did you get it? I tried CVS and the pet store but neither had one small enough. I'd rather not have to drive 40-45 minutes to his vet just to get a syringe if I don't have to.

I'm smacking my forehead for not keeping one of the two that I had from Doc's antibiotics

Call your vet.

fieryone

Cavy Slave
Call your vet.

I am not asking for the doseage. I have already found that. I am asking about a syringe or another device that measures fractions of a milliliter or cc. (edit to add) There are other places to acquire such a syringe and I am asking where others have found theirs. Thank you, though

Matt Ceja

Cavy Slave
Your vet will either carry them and or know where you can get them.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
I imagine your vet's office would have a syringe or another device they'd either be able to give you or let you buy.

You could also try feed stores in your area. If ordering online is an option, I've gotten great deals at (broken link removed).

lissie

Cavy Slave
I found 1cc syringe at Wal-mart.

fieryone

Cavy Slave
Thank you. I found a 1cc syringe on the Valley Vet site. I'll check Wal Mart (Target was a no-go) and if they don't have it, I'll order one from Valley Vet. It beats a 45 minute drive just for a little syringe

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
If you absolutely cannot find a 1cc syringe, then dilute it further and use a 5cc one.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
You can often get them at the prescription counter at most pharmacies. Just tell them what you need them for. Some people buy the ones with needles attached and cut off the needles.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.