Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Rehoming in QLD, Australia

ssskyy

Cavy Slave
Hi,
I'm in Queensland, Australia & I'm wondering if I'm able to list a guinea pig for re-homing here on this website? And if it is ok to do so, do you think there would be much interest? By that I mean, most of the people here are in other countries... although I have noticed are few members in my general area. I would really like to find her a loving forever-home.

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
Have you tried contacting one of the shelter managers from the Australian Cavy Sanctuary? They may be able to help you out or at least guide you in the right direction.

ssskyy

Cavy Slave
They are in Brisbane, about three hours from here and I have no way of getting there.

ssskyy

Cavy Slave
Hello, I was hoping for some more replies, please. Thanks :)

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
Are you a member on their forum? If not I can put up a post for you and see if anyone can help you out or you can join and ask yourself.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Hello, I was hoping for some more replies, please. Thanks :)

Please remember the time difference. As far as I know, most of the members on this forum are in the United States which is quite a few hours difference from Australia. It might explain why people hadn't responded quite yet. Be patient.

distancel

Cavy Slave
Yes I think the ACS would be your best bet, I hope you sort something out. I'm in Brisbane too so a bit far from you.

ssskyy

Cavy Slave
I just figured that would not be an option seeing as I can't drive three hours to take the guinea pig to them & they probably wouldn't travel three hours to pick her up. The Brisbane shelter's website is currently undergoing maintenance but I will join up & contact them & see what happens from there.

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
Not necessarily the Brisbane shelter but maybe someone else nearby you, can help you out. That is why I suggested putting up a post on their forum to see if anyone nearby can help you out.

Members of the forum have travelled quite a way to help people and their piggies out before. I wouldn't put it out of the question - even if you travelled half the way and they the other half.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.