Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Stacking Cages - Help!?

EvelynsCavies
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I don't know how to do it, but I adopted my two from Texas Rustlers Guinea Pig Rescue, and they had C&C cages stacked all over the place. Several people were cleaning them, and it looked like a very smooth operation. I'm sure if you emailed them ([email protected]), they'd be glad to tell you how they do it.

Rnd210

Cavy Slave
You want to make a cage like this My 4 Story Devided Boys and girls cage - Guinea Pig Cage Photos except you want it to be 3 grid wide and 6 grids long.

If you make it I would recomend putting it in the middle of the room with just 3 grid wide part against the wall so that you will be able to access for cleaning purposes.
Then make sure you have doors or ways to open atleast the middle grids for each level on both sides.

Mine was 2 grids wide, but If I would have made it 3 grids wide I would have had to put something to support the weight of the grids in the middle section between the boys 2 and the girls 2. Dowels, wood, or pvc pipe.

EvelynsCavies

Rnd210

Cavy Slave
You need to make sure that the boys can't actually see the girls at all since this can cause the boars to fight with each other. They will still be able to smell each other but this shouldn't cause any fighting among them.

EvelynsCavies

BabyBellie

Cavy Slave
I think it depends on the pigs. I have three boys. Two together and one loner and they can smell the girls. It has never caused a problem but I have heard for some people it does.

Rnd210

Cavy Slave
I have 6 boars and 4 sows the sows cage is on top of the boars cage and the boars can't see the girls but they can smell them and they get along just fine, I have no problems with the boars. The only advice I can give is to make sure the boars can't see the girls and watch them for any possible sign of boys not getting along or fighting but more than likely they should do fine.

EvelynsCavies
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.