Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Howdy from Texas!

dixie831

Cavy Slave
Hi all, I'm new here but not so new to guinea pigs! A few months ago I adopted a guinea pig from my neighbors who could no longer properly care for her. She is a sweety her name is Princess and lives up to the name! She is a brindle and white rough coat, and I'm not sure how old she is. I'm currently looking to upgrade her to a C&C cage, so that eventually I can get her a companion. The last time I had pigs was as a kid, so its been awhile, and I'm learning so much more and can share the joy with my kids.

Cogni

Cavy Slave
Hi northern neighbor! I'm glad you are learning so much. I just got my boys about a month ago and discovered how steep the learning curve is--so much to know all at once so we can care for the little piggers properly. I'm sure up in the Dallas area it will not be hard to find Princess a wonderful companion. You may know all this already but I learned here about quarantining a new piggie when getting a companion for an existing pig. There are all kinds of rules and suggestions for making a healthy and harmonious addition to your 'herd'. Enjoy your new little friend/friends!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Hi, fellow Texan. Welcome to the forum.

Let me suggest Texas Rustlers Guinea Pig Rescue in Double Oak -- about 30 miles from you. They've got a huge selection of piggies to choose from, and are really wanting good adoptive families, as they've taken in dozens of lab guinea pigs who would have been otherwise killed. Their website is here.

We got our two girls from there, and they were very professional and easy to deal with.

dixie831

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the welcome. I have about the folks out in Double Oak, and when the time comes hope to adpot a piggie from them.

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
Welcome! This site is a great source of information. Definitely check out the stickies in the diet and nutrition forum (namely the nutrition charts and the sample menus)--you will learn a lot! Good luck finding a pig to adopt!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.