Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Piggy unk age

Candy

Cavy Slave
Last Saturday my son got a new guinea pig to replace his Sugar who died in October. Turns out that this new he, is a very pregnant she. This pig is an adult. She is beautiful with a very shiny coat. She appears to be young, though full grown. We have no idea how old she is, how pregnant she is and if she has ever had a litter before. Is there any way to tell if she has had babies before? Or to determine how old she is? I havn't been able to feel any babies moving yet, however when she lays down she is clearly pregnant, very wide across her back in fact so wide that she is sway back when she stretches out. She also eats like a horse :cheerful:.

She even tried to fight with her cage mate over dandelion greens today. That's my last question. Are pregnant guinea pigs irritable and moody? This one seems to be.:eye-poppi

LovenPiggies

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
I am not sure about knowing if she has had babies but I do know that you can tell age by toenails and when they get older they get a fat roll under there chin too/. Other then that, you will have to take her to the vet to find out age and the other thing. I have 2 pregnant piggies at the moment too. I cant feel babies either but they are very fat. I would guess they are like 3-4 weeks along..If this helps at all. How about osme pics of her? :)

Candy

Cavy Slave
She definately has the fat cheeks and waddle combo going on, but she has what I'd call "young" pig feet. They are still cute and not too deformed with the exception of some of her nails growing crooked from a past owner not taking care of them. I'd say young feet and nails.

I will upload new pics tomorrow. I've only had her for a week and I can't seem to find my camera to upload the pics I have taken of her. She is getting so wide that when she lays on her tummy her back is flat across even with her belly on the sides.

Candy

Cavy Slave
Here is little truffles... what do you think?

GizzyandMe

Cavy Slave
I think she is very cute and hopefully not too pregnant if she is.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.