Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Foggy Creek Cavy Rescue

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
I decided I'd better introduce myself, since some people may be thinking "Hey, who's that foggy person who thinks they know it all over in the medical section?"

I run Foggy Creek Cavy Rescue in Auburn, WA. I've been running the rescue for over 5 years, and fostered before that. I've had guinea pigs all my life, but keep learning new things!

I mostly post over at Guinea Lynx, where I was one of the original members. Two of my adopters are members here, so I thought I'd check it out! It seems like a great place, so I hope no one minds if I post and help out once in a while.

My avatar pig is Furby. I adopted him from a local shelter, along with his mom. They both had horrible brown broken teeth and scurvy. Furbs was neutered and both he and his mom became members of my own herd.

Poor Furby, though, always had a lowered immune system. He developed abscess after abscess, and ultimately pneumonia. The thread about him at Guinea Lynx is quite a tutorial in treatments for abscesses! Furby and I became quite close, but he sadly passed away and is now running around in the Cucumber Fields.

So, that's all for now!

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
Welcome. I do appreciate your responses to the medical thread I have about Sebastian. I just started a thread last night about him on guinealynx.

MyZoo2

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I thought your name looked awfully familiar. I'd seen in elsewhere on the web, and was wondering if it was the one & same. I've heard you do great work with your rescue.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Glad to see you here!! Welcome aboard! :)

Tessa Bea

Cavy Slave
I'm one of those two adopters- thanks for all the help pre and post adoption with Tahiri, Kimi, and Leonidas (formerly Skippy). Also, for the record- I have to say I still call him Skippy, James is sure to inform me every time I do so in his presence. ;P

I applaud your love for animals, and am sorry for the loss of Furby- but glad that others have learned through his story.

Again, welcome to GPC, and I'm sure you have much sage advice to give the users on here.

luvmycavies

Cavy Slave
I am the other adopter and LOVE our girls! We adopted our Lizzy and Cleopatra (AKA Stella) from your wonderful rescue and they are so loved and intelligent! I am happy to see you here and I am so glad you are able to lend your experience and knowledge. :)

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum, I look forward to seeing you around.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

LovenPiggies

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.