Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi from VA! Soon to be piggie owner!

enjoiorganika

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone. My name is Liz, I'm 20 and a junior at college majoring in Criminal Justice.

I've always thought guinea pigs were adorable and since I live in an apartment with my friends and not a dorm anymore, I'm finally able to get piggies!

I've already started to make a C&C cage, thanks to this site! Planning to adopt/buy one this weekend once the cage is done and set up. :)

Tessa Bea

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the site! I'm glad that you're building your C&C before getting a pig. Please adopt, don't buy! There are lots of homeless piggies- you just have to know where to look. Check Petfinder.com , craigslist, the classifieds or Penny Saver.

Do you have enough room for two? Pigs really appreciate having a buddy.

Holly&Fred

Cavy Slave
Jeez another Virginian! Welcome from Richmond, enjoy. By buy I hope you don't mean from a pet store. It sounds like you've done your reading and you probably know by now that they're often missexed and ill. No there's not really a convenient rescue in VA, but there are usually quite a few piggies waiting to be adopted through Craig's List or Petfinder.com.

They do better in pairs too, but I opted to go the same route as you and get one at first, and am now in the process of adopting a second.

Enjoy the site, there's lots of great resources here. (P.S. How are you enjoying the monsoon?)

enjoiorganika

Cavy Slave
Haha, I'm originally from the DC area (Ft. Belvoir), but since I'm at college, I'm in the south. I'm loving the windy rain actually! Oh, I do plan on getting two. The cage is going to be a 2x4. Hopefully I will be rescuing!

LovenPiggies

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
Were at in VA are you form (broken link removed)?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.