Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Got new cage !

jeananne

Cavy Slave
A couple of weeks ago, I posted concerning my hopes for a new cage (OK for now was the post). Since then, I have rearranged my living room, and purchased a 7.5 cage. It's a Prevue brand and its wonderful. I am able to wheel it from room to room and she loves it !!! She has floor time in my kitchen with the wire from the old cage as a barrier. I wanted a very sturdy portable cage and this was perfect.

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
Well that was a rip off. I think those cages actually measure from the outside and I'm pretty sure they aren't big enough. I don't understand what the problem is with making a C&C. That thing looks like a nightmare to clean.

MapleSyrup

Cavy Slave
I do agree with Peggy. How much did you pay for this cage?

jeananne

Cavy Slave
I didn't consider it a rip off at all. It's quite nice. And very easy to clean. As I had stated before, the C&C cage was not a good option for us. My piggie is very happy and we all like the cage very much.

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
How was a C&C not an option?

There are alternate cages that meet the minnimum requirements that aren't a C&C so to speak. C&C supplies just seem to be the most cost effective.

jeananne

Cavy Slave
People, I am not here to argue my decisions. I was simply letting you know since I had discussed this before. We are very happy with the cage, and so is my piggie. That's all that counts. No more flaming please. There is a lot of wonderful information on this site, but also so much judgement and anger.

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
No more flaming please. There is a lot of wonderful information on this site, but also so much judgement and anger.

Get over yourself, seriously. I'm not going to sit here and pat you on the back when your efforts are less then adequate.

fieryone

Cavy Slave
The largest Prevue cage I was able to find just squeaked past 6 feet and those are outside measurements. I'm sure your piggy is very happy in it if she was in a smaller cage before, but that doesn't make the cage big enough. No one is going to say it's big enough and that's not judgement and anger. The purpose of the site is to ensure that pigs are in proper cages. You won't get a pat on the back for doing less than that. I'm sorry.

jeananne

Cavy Slave
Wasn't looking for a pat on the back. And adequate ? Excuse me--am I being graded here. I don't need your approval. Can't people just be nice. I am through with this forum. No need to comment again.

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
Can't people just be nice.

No one is being mean. It's just you stated what type of cage you are using and sorry but it's inadequate.

Oh and by the way I don't know if you noticed, but this forum is called Guinea Pig Cages which would mean that the biggest emphasis is about adequate housing for guinea pigs.

leyley904
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Tessa Bea

Cavy Slave
I agree with Peggysu- this site is for your guinea pigs benefit, not for your personal gratification. Your cage is still too small.

fieryone

Cavy Slave
And adequate ? Excuse me--am I being graded here. I don't need your approval.

If a cage is smaller than recommended than people are going to tell you so. No matter how much it cost or how pretty it is on its wheels going from room to room. (You could pretty easily put a C&C on casters, by the way) That's just the way it is on a forum called Guinea Pig Cages whose emphasis is getting pigs into bigger cages.

Can't people just be nice. .

No one was rude, but no one is going to say that a cage smaller than the minimum recommended size is alright. If you've been around for any length of time then you should know that and not expect anything different.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.