Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbits Please Help! What do I do now?!

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
How big is their cage, how old are they, and are they both neutered?

The cage should really be expanded. Most people go by 3x6 for one but I go by 2x6 for one. If you can make a 3x6, that's a good first step.

Two boys is really iffy. A neutered male and female pair is usually less volatile.

You can try a scary car ride and longer intros before putting them together again but there is no guarantee they would work it out. You could try.

There is a wonderful website called House Rabbit Information and Care - BinkyBunny.com and there an a entire section to rabbit bonding with lots of helpful information. Some people are extremely lucky and their rabbits take to eacho ther right away, and some have a lot of trouble. I recently adopted a second rabbit and in a few months my bonding journey will begin as well.

Before you adopted the second one, was the first one in the same cage/room as they have now? That may be a cause for your problem; when the second one arrived there was no neutral territory. Try putting them in the bathroom, or a pen in the yard [be sure to supervise], or a room of the house that no one has claimed yet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.