Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adding a Plexi front to the cage for kid safety

Chew_Bacca

Cavy Slave
I am a 6th grade science teacher. I recently adopted a rescue pig and my classes voted to name him Chew-Bacca (He tries to eat my buttons druing lap time). Anyway, he is a 3 pound monster and I was feeling very sorry for him in the cage that he is currently in. I found this website after some research and realized that a C&C cage would make Chewie happier and probably a little more fit! :) I was thinking of adding a clear plexi panel behind the front side of grids. While Chewie does not bite (as of yet anyway), he sometimes nibbles and I am concerned about little fingers making their way through the grids of the cage. Also, I kind of think Chewie would enjoy a little privacy! However, my concern is that I might decrease ventilation to his detriment. How much is too much if I add Plexi or should I not even do it at all? If I do it, what is the best way to attach it so it doesn't fall in on his little piggie head? I really appreciate the help!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.