Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

frustrating forum

Furkidsmommy

Cavy Slave
God I feel like I am banging my head against the wall. I have joined (broken link removed)forum to get more advice on my hedgehog and I am ready to go nuts. People on there reccomending plastic bins for cavy cages. what can I say to these people? Here is the link to the (broken link removed) aahhhhhhh.
I am finding it really difficult being on a forum where people breed and show animals. I have tried to ignore the posts and bite my lip but it is getting very frustrating.

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

The Dumpling

Cavy Slave
I looked at the forum - very interesting...Some of them seem open to learning more about cavies though (they had mentioned looking at the forum, and someone even considered making a C&C cage). I guess what I'm trying to say, is we shouldn't bash them if they ask us questions, but rather encourage them to do the right thing, get the right cages, you know? It doesn't help the situation to get anyone defensive about caring for guinea pigs. I know sometimes it also comes across more angry than it should too.

Furkidsmommy

Cavy Slave
Thanks, I just wish all forums were as animal friendly as this one. Even my son cannot understand that some people don't do what is in an animals best interest.

Furkidsmommy

Cavy Slave
I tried the nice approach but some people just do not want to hear.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Oh my, they just don't listen!! How can you not see that tubs are awful. I can't believe they find 7.5square feet ridiculous! What size cages do these people keep their pigs in?

The Dumpling

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I know. There will always be people like that, which is painful. I would just hate to see other people from other forums reading our posts, and getting turned off from reading Cavy Cages forum. I think this is a great resource - I've certainly learned a lot! =)

Furkidsmommy

Cavy Slave
I just wish that people would listen. This forum and the chins and quills forum has some really great advice and I feel that they are a valuable resource and that people could learn if they were willing to listen.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Tell them plastic bins although may be fine for some animals, they are not fine for cavies. They do not provide proper ventilation. Put some links in for cavycages. Explain why c&c cages are better for pigs if you haven't already. If they refuse to listen, unless you beat them in the head with a hammer, there isn't much you can do.

Rachy1412

Cavy Slave
Before I joined this forum and discovered just how big guinea pig cages were mean't to be I would of never dreamed of putting them into a plastic bin!! Some people seriously need to re-think what they say!!

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
Wow, that one person is THICK.

Furkidsmommy

Cavy Slave
Tell them plastic bins although may be fine for some animals, they are not fine for cavies. They do not provide proper ventilation. Put some links in for cavycages. Explain why c&c cages are better for pigs if you haven't already. If they refuse to listen, unless you beat them in the head with a hammer, there isn't much you can do.
I have said all that and more. some people just choose not to listen.

Furkidsmommy

Cavy Slave
I have even explained that during my 2 years working with the local rescue and fostering etc. that I have personally seen numerous times how much happier piggies are once put into the larger C & C accomodation.

All4Cavies

Cavy Slave
What insignificant, arrogant, infantile, morons! I would continue this post w/ more comments to insult either their intelligence or their reputations as pet owners but it would require them to have either for me to accomplish that. Although I will revert to saying I am speechless due to their ignorance and stunned at their stupidity. That site, my fellow cavy lovers, is an insult to even its URL. It is the biggest hypocrasy and joke of a website that I believe I have ever seen and as soon as the moderators decide to get around to activating my account, I will do nothing short of telling them all of this and more.

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
I was looking through that thread and a moderator went through it and deleted any offensive posts.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I just read that thread. Wish I would have read it before they deleted certain posts. One of the posts that I found quite hillarious is that cavy cages are as big as cars and that you have to have a mansion to have one.

All4Cavies

Cavy Slave
Yes seriously, how dumb is that!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.