Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Horible

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Poohbear
Poohbear

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Gosh, sounds like a nightmare! Im sorry it turned out like that. Do you know why it collpased? Did you use enough zip ties

lindsey's boys

Cavy Slave
Queen B said:
And my mom is furious with me and is saying this is costing way to much and she is not talking to me. This is horrible.
My mom doesn't like my pigs either :(

Poohbear

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Hopefully it will work better next time around! My parents are so silly because they don't mind the cost, they just don't like the hair that they shed?? Theyalso think thats in bad for me to have the cage in my room. How is it bad? Im not exactly going to catch a disease from them

Poohbear

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Thats what I said to them, Im not going to get ill from having them... Just use more zip ties next time

Poohbear

Piglet

Cavy Slave
When I had my second level (although it was a lot smaller than yours) I used about 3 or 4 on each one to connect them to the next

Poohbear

Love_my_piggies

Cavy Slave
Aww Queen, I'm sorry..don't you hate it when you have those kind of days? I've had that happen before... I work so hard on their cage and then it falls apart or they chew something up. I just want to sit and cry, lol. No one can understand the things we do for our piggies ;)

Poohbear

Love_my_piggies

Cavy Slave
Sounds awesome! But kinda tricky...when I had a bigger second level, I used grids underneath to support it... I took them out because it took away from their running space but if you have a 4x6 then they will still have plenty. I wish I could come help you build it! I love building new cages and I bet we could come up with an awesome cage ! ;)

Piglet

Cavy Slave
The 2x4 on either side sound good, but the 'catwalk' would get in the way when you clean the cage. I'd say leave it

Poohbear

pennick

Cavy Slave
I would make a 1x6 on one side and leave the other side open. You want some light to filter into the bottom level otherwise if too much is covered it will be quite dark underneath. Also it will be much easier to clean. You can always change things down the road.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
pennick thats a good point. You don't want the lower level to get too dark, otherwise they'll always stay under there (like mine did). I like the idea of having a 1x6. You would have two ramps going up there, one on either side

Poohbear
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.