Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

A different view? Opinions please !

Duffinvt

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
As some here know, I have a big expanse of slate floor room for floortime. And the girls like the attached small bath so much (despite the slippery floor) that I put a throw rug and toys in there and arrange the fence so they have access to the bathroom.

My question is, I could easily put up my cube fence in another room and have a smaller area, but obviously a different view/experience. Is there any point in making an 8' x 8' area when they now have a space three times that big? I'd like to have them here in my computer room every so often, but I'm not sure that makes any sense, since it would be considerably smaller space for play.

JD In Van

Cavy Slave
I think they like changes of scenery. My boys get floor time in the kitchen about 90% of the time but every now and then we put them some where smaller that they don't get to go in like the hall or bath room and they seem to enjoy the new space.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
It really doesn't matter where you give floor time as long as it's a space larger than their cage to encourage exploration and exercise. Many pigs do enjoy changes of scenery.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.