Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast New here and need help

CodyRex

Cavy Slave
Hey Im new here and Im not to sure on some things... I have 2 guinea pigs Rex
and Cody, but I don't think my cage is right....:sad: I live in the Philippines and
I can't find any Coroplast so is it ok to use illustration board? Im currently using
this plastic corrugated board I found at a local supply store, but I had to buy 2 pieces and taped them together so it's hard when all the bedding flies out. Is it also ok to use pine shavings? People say that pine and cedar shavings causes respiratory problems but my friend has a pet guinea pig whose been fine with pine shavings for over 8 months. Thx

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Coroplast is like cardboard but plastic and it's corrugated. If you are using plastic corrugated board then you may have the right thing but may be using it wrong. Is there any way you could post a photo of your cage?

Kiln-dried pine is ok, regular pine should be aired out for 7-14 days before putting it in the cage to help remove phenols.

princesspoppy

Cavy Slave
Hi cody. I used to live in the Philippines. Are you near Dagupan ? Coroplast is sold in a lot of stores in the town. Sounds like you have right stuff. It's like the political signs they put up during election time. The Grids you can also find in Dagupan. I can't remember the name of the shopping mall. It's 9 yrs since i left. The mall is right before you enter the city.

CodyRex

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the info and here is a picture of my cage. I know it's a little messy because my piggies always kick out the bedding.

(If its not a picture sorry I'm new to this stuff.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
To add a photo you must use an external photo host such as photobucket and link from there or upload a photo as an attachment. You can't just link to a file on your computer because it won't work.

Dichotomy83

Cavy Slave
As far as bedding goes, a lot of members here use a fleece system. It really eases a lot of the clean up issues you run into with loose bedding. If I had to vacuum by their cage daily I think I would go nuts!

Welcome to the forum.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.