Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Does anyone else ride horses?

Eventrocker33

Cavy Slave
Hey, i was just wondering if anyone else rides horses or has in the past?

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Eventrocker33

Cavy Slave
ahh thats sad. I have 2 horses and im getting another one. I have been riding for eight years.

Poohbear
Poohbear

aqh88

Cavy Slave
I have 9 horses. We've had horses my whole life. Right now I have 2 older horses near retiring, 1retired , 2 weanlings, 3 4yr olds, 1 12yr old gelding. Gelding is my current first and only reining horse, training 1 of the 4yr olds in reining and the others in barrels. The older horses are my sister's barrel horse and my barrel horse that was Iowa state champion in '95. I've also done some english but my only good english mare that I did jumping and dressage on decided to go running in the rain out in the pasture and fell on the hill. She ripped a tendon at both connections so she probably retired for good.

Eventrocker33

Cavy Slave
We have our 2 horses at our house and a friends horse lives here too.

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
I've been riding for 5 or 6 years, and do not have a horse. But I'm going to lease a horse soon.

LiciaMommycott

Cavy Slave
I used to ride horses and it was the best time of my life. I lived in Egypt and we would go riding around the sand dunes at the Pyramids at least three times a week. It was so cheap, about $7/hr. Now that I'm back in the U.S. I can't afford it and miss it terribly. U.S. horses kind of freak me out though. They are so darn huge compared to Arabians.

Poohbear

pennick

Cavy Slave
On vacation many years ago I rode a horse. Was suppose to a beginner's horse. Well as soon as everyone in front of me started galloping, away I went. I was hysterical while holding on to the horse for dear life. By the time I got back to my hotel I had to go to the jewelry shop for the jeweler to cut off my wedding band before I lose my finger due to no circulation. Thats how hard I held on. All my fingers were swollen for days. That was the extent of my horse riding.

Poohbear

lindsey's boys

Cavy Slave
I have only been riding for two years, but my instructor said I'm the best one :p

Dasha

Cavy Slave
I have riden horses for 6 years. I stopped because it was very expensive and my beautiful favorite horse was costed.....
It is so fantastic-to have own horses......russians can not allow to have OWN horses.......oh!
1 lesson of........i don't know how it is in english-but 1lesson of ''beautiful elements and tricks that make a horse'' is costing 25$.......my normal work price is 400$-and i have 2children.......it ia unbelievable price for me......

kathleen5

Cavy Slave
I show jumped for 11 years. It was my life pretty much, but I had to stop about 2 years ago after me horse broke his leg and I was just too busy with college.

Kathleen

Daisy Duke
Daisy Duke

Cavy Chick

Cavy Slave
Ive been riding for about 5 years. I had my own mare but I had to sell her. Im leasing a horse this summer and showing him on our provinicial circuit.

Daisy Duke
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.