Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sounds Weird sound but I know it's not choking sound

kaciesays

Cavy Slave
My guinea pig has been making this weird sound in the past few days and doesn't seem to be going away. I've heard him make choking sounds before so I know it's not choking. He gets hunched up and arches his back, the way a cat does. It sounds like.. some kind of a bird squawk? Like he's trying to poo really hard?? Does this happen sometimes or does this sound serious?

Thanks.

trump_cinnamon

Cavy Slave
Listen to these:
Guinea Pig Sounds

Does it sound like the rumble? I'm thinking that is probably what it is from what you described. But, you can't really be sure.

kaciesays

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much for replying. It's not rumbling. I've had my two guinea pigs for about a year and a half now, so I know the normal sounds. I have never heard this sound before. He's been hunched in a corner for awhile and doesn't run away when I try to pick him up the way he usually does. I'm worried, he's been doing this more frequently. Should I take him to a vet? I have no idea what this is... :sorry:

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
He needs to see a vet. I would think this warrants and Emergency visit as soon as possible.

Do you weigh weekly? If not I suggest you start.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.