PDA

View Full Version : Too Smart For Me!

SheriMartini
10-21-09, 08:14 am
My guys have discovered their new favorite game... Pulling the binder clips off of the fleece and using them as toys! This concerns me as my fiance and I are gone for long hours during the day (he works 11:30am - 8:00pm and I work 12:00pm - 9:00pm.). So ultimately, we can not make sure they are leaving them alone. And it is even more frustrating because they pull them off so quickly! They think this is the most fun game ever! And after they pull them off, they will kinda toss them up in the air. If I wasn't so paranoid, I'd think it was cute!

So, two questions...

1. Any way to discourage this behavior... I want to order 2X5 piggy bed spreads, but they are so expensive. I'm thinking of asking my fiance to get them for my birthday, but that is not until the very end of December. So until then, I am stuck with binder clips.

2. Are they actually as dangerous for the pigs to play with them as I am envisioning them to be? If they are playing with them, could they possibly injure themselves?

Any suggestions would be awesome!

Seonta
10-21-09, 08:25 am
If you are short on time awaiting an answer maybe you can put a couple weights or bricks in the cage to hold the fleece down so that you can remove the binder clips until you hear from the other people here.

gooberific
10-21-09, 08:29 am
I've always worried about their feet getting stuck in the binder clips through those loops of metal (I use the mini ones). In the last six months or so, I've been folding my fleece under the towels and underbedding stuffs and then putting large rocks in the corners, or some other obstacle they usually don't move.

wigglesgiggles1
10-21-09, 09:06 am
I had the same problem. Now I just lay my fleece flat and have no problem at all.

Ly&Pigs
10-21-09, 12:35 pm
How are you putting them on the fleece?

bpatters
10-21-09, 01:09 pm
What about heavier clips? I have some from Office Max that are very strong and hard to open. I have a hard time believing that something without an opposable thumb could get it off anything.

SheriMartini
10-21-09, 07:44 pm
I have it on the edges of the coroplast over the fleece. Believe me... if I didn't see it, I wouldn't believe it! They kinda lift and slip. They are the medium sized clips...

Kevin was joking last night that if we put the metal puzzle brain teaser things in the cage within a few hours they would have them apart!

Tonight, Puppy shoved both hideys together so Fajita (the dominate one no less...) was trapped! They are just too smart for their own good!

Cogni
10-21-09, 08:00 pm
Wow!! You have SOME smart piggies you guys!! I am thinking the happier and more relaxed the piggies, the more likely they will experiment and learn some new fun stuff. Or mean stuff! I am suspecting that my youngster opportunistically comes up with ways to foil or disturb his daddy. Knocking things across the igloo entrance seems to only happen when the older piggie is in there. Then he comes out growling, and little piggie chatters in a high voice, almost sounding as though he is laughing!!

MissFormosa
10-22-09, 11:15 pm
How about some velcro?