Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Wish me luck!!!

guineagurl

Cavy Slave
I have applied for a loan for a new car and I was so nervous that they would reject it as I had a unpaid credit card bill from a few years ago that went onto my credit report but I made an offer to fix up the bill and now they say they will loan me the $$ once I prove I have paid the other bill!!!
I'm so EXCITED!
I need a new car soooo badly. No more butterflies when I take the kids out hoping we get there, no more tow truck fees, no more "untrustworthy" mechanic's, :Note, I used a nice word there :)
No more being strandid with 3 toddlers on the side of the road...
You get the picture....
Anyway I'm excited...

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

CaliGirl

Cavy Slave
Good Luck! I hate "untrustowrthy" cars. My parents had planned to upgrade my bed from a twin size to a full size, But ever time we had enough money saved for it, the car ended up breaking down and they had to use to money for my bed to fix the car. Im so glad we finally got rid of it. No more twin bed for me :p

Hope you get the car loan :)

guineagurl

Cavy Slave
Thanks, I'm not sure what car yet, probally a stationwagon 6 seater, I lean towards a Ford as I like the sleek look and they are alot more hardy than smaller models IME but I won't know till I see it....then I'll be in love!

Caligirl, your 16 so why didn't you help buy it? When my eldest (12) want's something he dosen't actually need ,he has to help save for it so he appreciates it more.

CaliGirl

Cavy Slave
guineagurl said:
Caligirl, your 16 so why didn't you help buy it? When my eldest (12) want's something he dosen't actually need ,he has to help save for it so he appreciates it more.
This was a few years ago. And I did offer to pay for it at one pioint. Im the only one in my house hold who ever has money. I handed my mom $200 (which was a lot of money for some one who only got $20 a month for alowence) and said to put it to my bed. But she told me no, she didn't want me to pay for it. So to answer your question, yes I was willing to pay for a bigger bed.

guineagurl

Cavy Slave
You sound like a very thoughtful teenager then Caligirl..Good for you!
What is a twin anyhow? Isnt that a double then queen then king?

CaliGirl

Cavy Slave
guineagurl said:
What is a twin anyhow? Isnt that a double then queen then king?
no it goes twin, full, double, queen, and then king. Twin is the size for little kids, like for a bunk bed or something.

guineagurl

Cavy Slave
Oh thats unusual. I think it's the same but the term twin refers to two I think.

In Australia we only have single,kingsingle,double,queen then king.
Plus of course baby cot/crib size too.

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
twin is a single bed. Hope you can get a car.

Trixie

Cavy Slave
Full and double are really the same size.. The sheets are usually labeled for a Double/full it just depends on how you look at it really. One of my daughters has a full and my other has a Double and they use the same size sheets.
Oh and don't forget the California King. :)

Good luck on the new car. I finally got me a new/used Van last year. I had a rare 84 camero that I sold and now upgraded to a 99 mini van that seats 7 .. Its so nice compared to my 4 seater. It was hard to pack all 5 of us into this sports car. When it came to shopping I had to go alone just so I would have room. It was alway breaking down. In the winter I would have to start it 15 minutes before I went to work. Then disconnect the battery to reset the computer on it so the hazards would quiet flashing and my headlight/turn signals would work. It was a love, hate relationship. I loved the car but it hated me.

guineagurl

Cavy Slave
You poor thing trixie, I know how you must have felt though :-(

I hope I get it too.. the bank didn't accept my 1st offer so I upped it by 500$, hopefully it will be all sorted by tomorrow :)

guineagurl

Cavy Slave
I'm soooo excited!
I got the loan and found the car I want, Hubby's on the phone to the dealer negotiating the price right now......
I cant WAIT!!!!!

CaliGirl

Cavy Slave
Thats great! Congrats!

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
You are so lucky to get a car real soon. Our car just failed the state inspection. The whole back end of the car needs replaced and the springs too. Oh and the cracked windsheild too. It's 3000 bucks to do it and it is not worth it. So we have to wait a month to get my neighbors neon. We gave him 300 bucks yesterday and the rest at the end of this month. So we are driving just to and from work no where else. Oops.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.